1) We believe in one God, Almighty, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, holy, eternally existing, gracious, merciful, compassionate, and abounding in steadfast love. We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, yet the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Holy Spirit. Each is truly Deity, having precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections. Each is worthy of precisely the same reverence, confidence, and obedience.
Deuteronomy 6:4Psalm 90:2Nehemiah 9:17Matthew 28:18,19Mark 12:29John 1:14Acts 2:33Acts 5:3,42 Corinthians 13:14Ephesians 2:18Ephesians 4:4-6Hebrews 1:1-3,81 Peter 1:15,16Revelation 1:4-6
2) We believe in the eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, true God and true man, who was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary in His incarnation. He was sinless and lived a sinless life, died on the cross as a perfect sacrifice for our sins, was buried, and rose bodily from the dead. He ascended into heaven, was exalted by the Father, and now intercedes as our High Priest and Advocate.
Isaiah 9:6Matthew 1:18-23Luke 24:39John 1:1,14John 2:19-21Romans 1:4Romans 8:341 Corinthians 15:3,42 Corinthians 5:21Colossians 1:13-191 Timothy 2:5,6Hebrews 4:14-16Hebrews 7:24,25Hebrews 9:241 Peter 3:181 Peter 2:221 John 2:1,21 John 3:5
3) We believe in the Holy Spirit, co-equal with the Father and the Son, who glorifies the Lord Jesus, convicts people of sin, regenerates the believing sinner, and permanently indwells all Christians. He guides, instructs, empowers, and gives gifts to believers for godly living and for service in building up the body of Christ. Spirit baptism occurs once, at the time of faith in Christ. It is God’s design and intent that a believer maintain a filling of the Spirit in their daily Christian walk.
John 14:16,17,26John 16:7-15Acts 1:8Acts 2:8-12Romans 8:1,91 Corinthians 6:19Galatians 5:6Ephesians 1:13,14Ephesians 4:30Ephesians 5:18Titus 3:5,6Hebrews 2:3,4
Some gifts of the Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and miraculous healings had special significance during the New Testament apostolic period and are not longer in operation during the present economy.
Acts 2:81 Corinthians 13:8James 5:13-16
4) We believe in the Bible (Scriptures), the Old and the New Testament, as the inspired Word of God, which are entirely trustworthy and without error in the original writings. They are the complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of all persons, and the divine and final authority for all Christian’s faith and practice.
1 Thessalonians 2:132 Timothy 3:15-172 Peter 1:21
5) We believe that man, who was created in the image and likeness of God, has sinned and is guilty before a holy God, but he can receive salvation by being regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:27John 3:3-5Romans 3:10,23Romans 5:12Titus 3:4-7Hebrews 4:13
6a) We believe that the death of Christ was substitutionary and atoning for each and every human being for all time. The death and physical resurrection of Christ provides the only ground for a sinner’s justification and acceptance by God. All, who receive the Lord Jesus as their personal Saviour by faith, are redeemed by His blood and born of the Holy Spirit, becoming children of God. Those who are born again are sealed by the Spirit, have eternal life, are kept by the power of God, and shall never perish.
John 3:16-18,36John 5:24John 10:27-29Romans 3:20Romans 4:25Romans 5:8Ephesians 1:7Ephesians 1:13,14Ephesians 2:8-9Colossians 1:13-22Titus 3:4-71 Peter 1:3-5
6b) We believe that the new birth of a believer comes as a result of a lost sinner repenting of his/her sinful condition and putting their faith and trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ. Other acts such as confession, baptism, prayer, or faithful service are not to be added to the act of believing upon Christ as a condition of salvation.
Luke 13:3Luke 24:27John 1:12John 3:16,18,36John 5:24John 6:29Acts 13:39Romans 1:16,17Romans 3:22,26Romans 4:5Romans 10:4Galatians 3:22
6c) We believe that every person is a sinner by birth, and a sinner by practice. We can rejoice that God is not willing that any should perish, and He has commanded all mankind everywhere to repent. Accordingly, the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on Calvary was sufficient payment to provide the free gift of eternal life to every man, woman and child. God calls all to be saved. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin. Once the sinner has responded to God’s conviction, repented of his or her sins and received the free gift of salvation (eternal life), that person is saved and secure in that salvation for eternity. God is sovereign and knows all things but within His sovereignty, He has given mankind a choice to accept or reject His Son as Saviour.
Isaiah 55:8,9Matthew 11:28John 1:12John 3:16John 10:28-30John 16:8-11Acts 17:30Romans 3:23Romans 5:12Romans 8:38,39Romans 10:11,13Ephesians 2:1,2Colossians 1:231 Timothy 2:4Hebrews 2:92 Peter 2:12 Peter 3:91 John 2:2